[gdal-dev] JPEG2000 question/issue

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 27 11:23:49 EDT 2008

Christiaan Janssen wrote:
> I'm wondering if someone can help me with this. I'm trying to build GDAL
> with both support for MrSID and ECW while using the former for JPEG2000
> support. It appears that as soon as libecw is linked in, it is being
> used as the JPEG2000 reader (even when I have MRSID_FLAGS = -DMRSID_J2K
> uncommented in the make options). I'm assuming this probably has
> something to do with the order that the drivers are tried at runtime. Is
> there a correct way to force the support to default to the MrSID
> library? Thanks for the help.

Christiaan,

Disabling the -DMRSID_J2K should disable the JP2MRSID driver though you
may need to do a clean build for the change in the nmake.opt to take
effect.

Alternatively you can force a particular driver to be ignored at runtime
using the GDAL_SKIP configuration variable.  Set it to the driver name you
want to ignore ... such as JP2MRSID.

It can be set in the environment, before running GDAL commands.

set GDAL_SKIP=JP2MRSID