[gdal-dev] libgrass

James McManus jmpmcmanus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:22:18 EDT 2009

gdalinfo knows where the /usr/lib64 directory is located, but it is
expecting files with a .so suffix.  I installed libgrass using fedora's yum.
It does not produce grass libraries with a .so suffix.

Trying a different approach, I installed grass on /usr/local and recompiled
gdal setting --with-grass to the grass directory in /usr/local and
--with-libgrass to the lib directory in the grass directory. I now get this
message:

Warning 1: GRASS warning: Unable to open datum table file
</usr/etc/datum.table>
Warning 1: GRASS warning: Unable to open ellipsoid table file
</usr/etc/ellipse.table>
Warning 1: GRASS fatal error: Invalid ellipsoid <grs80> in file

How do I set gdal up so it will look for these tables in the etc directory
under grass on /usr/local?

Thanks
Jim