[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.7 release candidate expected on December 15th

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:05:22 EST 2009

All (developers and testers),

Consider this your notice of our desire to complete our annual Frank's-birthday-is-GDAL-major-release-day task on December 20th (21st).  All developers should expect that RC1 will happen on December 15th to give us enough time to fix up any show stoppers before Frank's birthday.  Extra testing during this time will also be greatly appreciated, especially of new drivers and utilities.

Get your fixes, features, and documentation in soon to help make this a great release.

Howard