[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.7 release candidate expected on December 15th

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 1 13:29:08 EST 2009

oward Butler wrote:
> All (developers and testers),
>
> Consider this your notice of our desire to complete our annual
> Frank's-birthday-is-GDAL-major-release-day task on December 20th (21st).
> All developers should expect that RC1 will happen on December 15th to give
> us enough time to fix up any show stoppers before Frank's birthday.  Extra
> testing during this time will also be greatly appreciated, especially of new
> drivers and utilities.
>
> Get your fixes, features, and documentation in soon to help make this a
> great release.

Folks,

I have prepared a preliminary page to help keep track of 1.7 planning at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ReleasePlan17

If you have a substantial work item you want to complete for deployment in
1.7 please note it in the release plan with your name.  This is also an
excellent time to fix some bugs, so feel free to review the open bug list.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/query?status=%21closed&type=defect&order=id&desc=1