[gdal-dev] Re: gdal 1.6 doesn't recognize his own projection definition (LL -> LAEA)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 5 19:32:15 EST 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Since I prefer to use for the production machine the 1.6-branch version,
>> could the relevant fix be backported?
>
> Ah, I probably found a difference:
>
> trunk-svn:
> [neteler at eden gdal]$ grep -i GCS_ETRS_1989 */*
> ogr/ogr_srs_esri_names.h:"EUREF_FIN_TM35FIN", "GCS_ETRS_1989", "GCS_EUREF_FIN",
>
> 1.6-svn:
> [neteler at geodata gdal_16svn]$ grep -i GCS_ETRS_1989 */*
> [neteler at geodata gdal_16svn]$
> -> nothing like that
>
> Hopefully the missing pieces can be sync'ed over to 1.6-svn.

Markus,

There has been a massive set of changes applied to ESRI morphing and to
some extent to a variety of drivers in an attempt to better preserve
coordinate systems through various drivers.  It is being handled via this
ticket:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2752

I'm not prepared to backport to 1.6 as there are several outstanding issues
related to the changes made.  I'm also a bit uncertain whether it makes sense
to move such broad changes into the 1.6 branch.

In brief, I'm not sure when or if these changes will go into 1.6 branch.