[gdal-dev] Is it a big thing to change ECW to support 16-bit imagery?

mohwawang mohwawang at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 11:53:59 EDT 2009

Even,

Thank you for telling me the reason why GDAL does not support Jasper for reading a NITF file and how to hack that. How about writing (instead of reading) a Jasper compressed image into NITF?

I want to be able to write out not read in a JPG2000 compressed NITF file. (My input image is a 16bit raw image). Why GDAL does not support writing a Jasper compressed image into NITF? How to hack that? Thanks.

Mo