[gdal-dev] OCI driver and -lco OVERWRITE=yes

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 13 09:14:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

Peter J Halls wrote:

> Jukka,
>

> Whilst on the topic, are you specifying the SRS/SRID?  This
> is an area that apparently changed between Oracle 8 & 9 and I
> have currently given up on this in OGR because only the
> SDO_GEOM_METADATA entry seems to get set and not the table
> and object entries - I found setting SRS in OGR generated a
> set of ORA errors concerning inconsistent SRS settings.  I
> suspect (but do not know) that OGR's oci was built around the
> Oracle 8 requirements: I meant to wade through the code to
> try to be sure, but it is currently too low a priority.  I
> fear this area is a minefield, as I have on the wall a notice
> from ESRI concerning a need to delete and rebuild the spatial
> index around any SRS/SRID manipulation.

We have just begun to use SRID because we started with Oracle 7 and 8
which supported only those odd Oracle SRID values. Therefore we just
left it as NULL. But now it looks like EPSG values work ok. For me
ogr2ogr/OCI inserts SRID values also into the Oracle geometries, not
only to the metadata table. Here is a fresh example:
GEOLOC(SDO_GTYPE, SDO_SRID, SDO_POINT(X, Y, Z), SDO_ELEM_INFO,
SDO_ORDINATES)
SDO_GEOMETRY(2003, 2393, NULL, SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1, 1003, 1),
SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(3237421,17, 6761066,05, 3237838,08, 6761346,68,
3237797,71, 6761417,89, 32380

-Jukka-