[gdal-dev] gdal.h: No such file or directory

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 13 17:31:37 EDT 2009

Peter J Halls wrote:
> Should it not be #include "gdal.h"?  The <> construct is used for
> system includes, whereas gdal.h counts as a user include, to be found
> in the include path.  But I admit my c to be a little rusty ...
> Peter

Actually, there is no difference. For reference in case of doubt
with the bloodshed dev-c++, here is what ISO C++ says in 16.2

1 A #include directive shall identify a header or source file that can
  be processed by the implementation.

2 A preprocessing directive of the form

 # include <h-char-sequence> new-line

searches a sequence of implementation-defined places for a header
identified uniquely by the specified sequence between the < and >
delimiters, and causes the replacement of that directive by the entire
contents of the header. How the places are specified or the header
identified is implementation-defined.

3 A preprocessing directive of the form

 # include "q-char-sequence" new-line

causes the replacement of that directive by the entire contents of the
source file identified by the specified sequence between the "
delimiters. The named source file is searched for in an
implementation-defined manner. If this search is not supported, or if
the search fails, the directive is reprocessed as if it read

 # include <h-char-sequence> new-line

with the identical contained sequence (including > characters, if any)
from the original directive.