[gdal-dev] Segmentation Fault with gdal_fillnodata.py

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:26:35 EDT 2010

Paul,

I cannot much much regarding the first question. Since the data is large you
have to find out the reason for segfault yourselves. Try running it with gdb
as "gdb --args python gdal_fillnodata.py ..." and examine the call stack
after the segfault with the command "bt" in the gdb console.

For the second question, you could create a vrt file mentioning 32767 as the
source's NODATA and -32767 as vrt's NoDataValue. The vrt driver translates
the pixels with value 32767 to -32767. Refer to
http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html and/or
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html for more details. This method is not
good if you have more than a few nodata values.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Paul Delamater <pauldelamater at gmail.com>wrote:

> A couple of questions...
>
> 1. I'm getting a Segmentation Fault when using gdal_fillnodata.py on an
> .img file that I created in GDAL.  I'm running GDAL 1.7.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
> (64bit).  The file is big (1.2Gb).
>
> Here's my command:
> $ gdal_fillnodata.py -md 1 zone10_albers.img -nomask zone10_test.img -of
> HFA
>
> I get to about 50% done in the progress bar, then Segmenation Fault.
> However, the process outputs 4 files:: zone10_test.img,
> 3172751088_0fill_filtmask_work.tif, 3172751088_0fill_val_work.tif,
> 3172751088_0fill_y_work.tif.  Unfortunately, the .img output doesn't have
> any info in it.
>
> $ gdalinfo zone10_test.img
> Driver: HFA/Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
> Files: zone10_test.img
> Size is 16000, 40667
> Coordinate System is `'
> Corner Coordinates:
> Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
> Lower Left  (    0.0,40667.0)
> Upper Right (16000.0,    0.0)
> Lower Right (16000.0,40667.0)
> Center      ( 8000.0,20333.5)
> Band 1 Block=64x64 Type=Int16, ColorInterp=Undefined
>   Description = Layer_1
>   Metadata:
>     LAYER_TYPE=athematic
>
> Any ideas on what could be causing this?  My other gdal.py commands work
> without problem.  Because I was curious, I had a terminal window running
> 'top' to see what kind of system resources the process was using and I
> didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it was a memory problem.
>
> 2. Is there any method available to set multiple values to NoData?  I have
> about 6000 USGS DEMs and some (randomly) have a few pixels on their edge
> with values of 32767 and -32767 (NoData pixels are supposed to be -32766).
> Can I give multiple values when using the nodata flag in gdalmerge or
> gdalwarp?
>
> Thanks much, -Paul Delamater

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/