[gdal-dev] Segmentation Fault with gdal_fillnodata.py

Paul Delamater pauldelamater at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:54:28 EDT 2010

A couple of questions...

1. I'm getting a Segmentation Fault when using gdal_fillnodata.py on an .img
file that I created in GDAL.  I'm running GDAL 1.7.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
(64bit).  The file is big (1.2Gb).

Here's my command:
$ gdal_fillnodata.py -md 1 zone10_albers.img -nomask zone10_test.img -of HFA

I get to about 50% done in the progress bar, then Segmenation Fault.
However, the process outputs 4 files:: zone10_test.img,
3172751088_0fill_filtmask_work.tif, 3172751088_0fill_val_work.tif,
3172751088_0fill_y_work.tif.  Unfortunately, the .img output doesn't have
any info in it.

$ gdalinfo zone10_test.img
Driver: HFA/Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
Files: zone10_test.img
Size is 16000, 40667
Coordinate System is `'
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,40667.0)
Upper Right (16000.0,    0.0)
Lower Right (16000.0,40667.0)
Center      ( 8000.0,20333.5)
Band 1 Block=64x64 Type=Int16, ColorInterp=Undefined
  Description = Layer_1
  Metadata:
    LAYER_TYPE=athematic

Any ideas on what could be causing this?  My other gdal.py commands work
without problem.  Because I was curious, I had a terminal window running
'top' to see what kind of system resources the process was using and I
didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it was a memory problem.

2. Is there any method available to set multiple values to NoData?  I have
about 6000 USGS DEMs and some (randomly) have a few pixels on their edge
with values of 32767 and -32767 (NoData pixels are supposed to be -32766).
Can I give multiple values when using the nodata flag in gdalmerge or
gdalwarp?

Thanks much, -Paul Delamater