[gdal-dev] ogrinfo segmentation fault

Bryn Roberts mr.bryn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 01:32:30 EDT 2010

Hi all,

First, I've done a fair bit of googling for my problem and haven't got
anywhere. Hopefully I am just doing something stupid and there is an easy
fix!

I use the gdal-bin package on my debian lenny box, mostly for MapServer to
render data from MySQL Spatial.
Recently the gdal-bin package upgraded to version 1.5.2-3 and around the
same time MapServer stopped working when using MySQL Spatial layers.

I began troubleshooting this problem by following the steps on the MapServer
page for using MySQL via OGR (http://mapserver.org/input/vector/mysql.html) and
discovered that executing

"ogrinfo MYSQL:spatial,user=bryn,password=xxxx,port=3306"

returns

"Segmentation fault"

That's it, I don't get any other info out and I don't know where else I can
look to find more on why this error might be happening!

Hope someone can help me out.

Cheers,
Bryn