[gdal-dev] GDALDeregister_GTiff()

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 9 16:12:36 EST 2010

On 10-12-09 04:06 PM, David Hildebrand wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right list to post this question or not.  I
> have a MapServer application built with GDAL support but when I try to
> access a 3-band TIFF image I get the error "GDAL: GDALDeregister_GTiff()
> called.\r" showing up in my log file.  Does anyone know what the
> GDALDeregister_GTiff() method is supposed to do?  I've been looking
> through the GDAL documentation and I can't seem to find a reference to
> the method.

David,

It is an information debug message, not an error.  It indicates that
the GeoTIFF driver is being cleaned up - presumably in msCleanup().
While it isn't particularly valuable to know about this specific driver
I have left it in as a marker that more general cleanup is occuring.

GDAL debug output is controlled by the CPL_DEBUG environment variable
which I imagine you have turned on.