[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr .SHP to .KML conversion problem

Mattias Carlsson powerphysics at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:50:45 EST 2010

Thanks for your support gents! For now, I have managed to get by, both compiling, converting and displaying (though it broke a few cool nerves in the process).

I tried Google Earth, and this handles large .kml files - I guess the data transfer is the issue in using online apps, like Google Maps. The ideal of course would be to fund a GPL alternative...

Again, thanks!

Mattias