[gdal-dev] 64 bit linux format support

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 29 15:13:59 EST 2010

David,

If you just need reading uncompressed or JPEG compressed NITF, you don't have
to bother with MrSID or ECW. Those formats are totally unrelated. Except if
you want to read JPEG2000 compressed NITF files, in which case you need to
have a GDAL build with a JPEG2000 capable driver (Kakadu, MrSID or ECW).

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints that has some information
specific to how building with those drivers.

Best reagards,

Even