[gdal-dev] Identification of neighbouring OGRGeometries

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 03:25:03 EDT 2010

Alex,

There can be more than two neighbours for an isohypse (elevation contour
line). However, all the neighbours will have the same elevation or one
elevation interval up or down. So, if you created elevation contours for
every 10 meters, a contour at elevation 40 can have neighbours with
elevation 30, 40 and 50 meters. You may have to search for proximity with
all these contours.

IMO, an easier and faster way to guess this is by comparing the minimum and
maximum elevation values in the raster's area. This will also give a better
idea of the terrain's topology.

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9494447584