[gdal-dev] Re: Error using ogr2ogr to create SpatiaLite database

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Mar 28 09:15:52 EDT 2010

Simon O'Keefe <simon.okeefe <at> groundtruth.com.au> writes:

> Hi,
>
> (I posted this issue to the FWTools mailing list a week ago, but have
> not yet received a response.)
>
> I'm attempting to create a new SQLite database from a SHP file using
> FWTools2.4.7 on Windows 7. The following command:
>
> ogr2ogr -f SQLite C:\Data\db.sqlite C:\Data\states.shp -dsco SPATIALITE=yes
>
> generates the following error:

Hi,

I tried the same with states.shp and FWTools2.4.2 on Windows Vista, no problem.
If you can, try to use version 2.4.2 also. If it does not work either it may be
due to Windows 7. Perhaps getting the most fresh sqlite3.dll into fwtools/bin
directory might help in that case. They was some other good reason to use a new
dll but I do not remember right now what it was.

-Jukka Rahkonen-