[gdal-dev] getting a new gcs.csv

Anders Moe anders.moe at geocap.no
Wed Nov 10 03:49:15 EST 2010

Andrea

I've had my share of problems finding the *.cvs files too, but maybe you
could try :

1) Executing from the location of the ogr2ogr.exe utility
2) Having the *.cvs files in that directory
3) Having the GDAL_DATA environment variable set to the same directory.

Cheers,
Anders

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Andrea Peri 2007 <aperi2007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Frank,
> thx for link.
>
> I take the last gcs.csv and pcs.csv.
>
> I verify that in the new pcs.csv there is EPSG:3003 (it is projected)
>
> but even now ogr2ogr.exe still report me
> the epsg pcs/gcs code 3003 not found.
>
> seem that ogr2ogr is not using the pcs.csv file .
>
> Thx,
>
> Andrea.
>

> Il 09/11/2010 18:13, Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:
>
>  Andrea Peri 2007 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use the ogr2ogr.exe compiled with VC++ .
>>>
>>> running ogr2ogr it give me this message:
>>>
>>> ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv
>>>
>>> so I retrieve a gcs.csv file from FWTools2.4.7 and copy it in the same
>>> folder of ogr2ogr.
>>> after this copy.
>>> The new message from ogr2ogr is this:
>>>
>>> "error 6: epsg pcs/gcs code 3003 not found in EPSG support files. Is this
>>> a valid EPSG"
>>>
>>> I check to the www.epsg.org that EPSG:3003 is a valid epsg coordinate
>>> system.
>>>
>>> So I think perhaps the  gcs.csv file of fwtool is old.
>>> There is available a new version of gcs.csv ?
>>>

>> Andrea,
>>
>> The latest gcs.csv and pcs.csv can be found at:
>>
>>  http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/data
>>
>> They should work fine with older GDAL's.
>>
>> Best regards,

Anders Moe

Managing Director
Geocap