[gdal-dev] geoPDF file "not recognized as a supported format" by GDAL1.8dev ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Oct 14 16:02:15 EDT 2010

Boris

yes, GDAL should be able to read geoPDF topo files from the USGS. (geospatial
PDF is more neutral term than geoPDF that happens to be a trademark... see
"Important Note" in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geospatial_PDF. no further
comment...)

First, did you check that PDF is listed when doing :

$ gdalinfo --formats

If not, then GDAL configure hasn't found poppler. You should check that you
have a /usr/include/poppler directory and a /usr/lib/libpoppler.so file, or if
you have installed them in another root (./configure --enable-xpdf-headers --
prefix=/some/path) , you should specify this directory as value of --with-
poppler=/some/path

If yes, then you should provide a link to the file that causes problem so I can
see what's wrong with it