[gdal-dev] Why not netCDF output?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Sep 27 15:02:55 EDT 2010

Joaquim,

The valid formats for the output of gdalwarp are formats that support the
Create() method, not just the CreateCopy() method. This is indicated by (rw+)
: the + indicates that Create() is supported.

The difference between Create() and CreateCopy() is mainly that Create() allows
writing of pixel data in random order, which is needed by gdalwarp.

You can try in 2 steps :
1) gdalwarp -of VRT lixo.grd [other_options] temp.vrt
2) gdal_translate -of netCDF temp.vrt proj.grd

Best regards,

Even