[gdal-dev] save raster as point-vector file

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:13:10 EDT 2011

Create a text file with just the header. Use the cat command to join this
file and the xyz file.
$ cat HeaderFile.csv file1.csv > file1.csv
You can repeat this on all files in a shell script.

Otherwise add the following line in the gdal2xyz.py script at line 144 [1].

dst_fh.write( 'Longitude,Latitude,Name' )

You will also have to create a separate vrt file for each csv file. The
SrcDataSource element value changes for each file.

[1]:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/swig/python/scripts/gdal2xyz.py?rev=21127#L145

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584