[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize output off by one pixel/cell

Burton-Kelly, Matthew matthew.burton.kelly at my.und.edu
Sat Aug 20 14:06:00 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a raster from a shapefile of point data, with grid cells 1 degree square.  Although the area I have defined matches up with the origin coordinates I want, and the grid cells match up with a vector 1-degree grid I produced in QGIS, the squares supposedly containing the point data are shifted, it looks like down and to the right.  Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Here is the command I used:

I have uploaded a screenshot of the output I am describing here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewbk/6059112633

Thanks for any insight,
Matt

-----------------------------

Matthew Burton-Kelly, M.S.

Graduate Student

Department of Geology and Geological Engineering

University of North Dakota

Mobile: (802) 922-3696

matthew.burton.kelly at my.und.edu<mailto:matthew.burton.kelly at my.und.edu>

matthew.burtonkelly at gmail.com<mailto:matthew.burtonkelly at gmail.com>

http://www.protichnoctem.com

http://und.academia.edu/MatthewBurtonKelly

"About thirty years ago there was much talk that geologists ought only to observe and not theorize; and I well remember someone saying that at this rate a man might as well go into a gravelpit and count the pebbles and describe the colors.  How odd it is that anyone should not see that all observation must be for or against some view if it is to be of any service!"

-Charles Darwin, in an 1861 letter to Henry Fawcett.