[gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp capability to output as netCDF format

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 05:09:10 EDT 2011

Hendy,

Currently, there are no plans to implement the Create method for the netCDF
driver. You can formally request for it by creating a ticket in the gdal
trac page [1].

To implement the method yourselves, you have to look at the current driver
page[2] and the driver implementation tutorial page[3].

[1]: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/
[2]: http://www.gdal.org/frmt_netcdf.html
[3]: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_drivertut.html

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Hendy Sumanto <hsumanto at vpac.org> wrote:

> I probably should change the question to this to make it clearer.
> Does anyone know whether there is plan to implement Create method for
> netCDF driver as currently it is only support only CreateCopy method?
> If no, could someone please describe what steps would be involved to add
> this method to the netCDF driver as I am pretty new to GDAL.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hendy

Chaitanya kumar CH.