[gdal-dev] Test and a question about gdal_warp and gdal_translate

Antonio P aperezcarro at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 12 12:30:00 EST 2011

Hello :
(I dont know if this email are going to be accepted by the list manager. So, this is a 'test' )
I have a question about gdal_warp and gdal_translate utilities.
I want to re-scale to 50% a serie of images.
I cannot use gdal_translate with % outsize parameters
      gdal_translate -of JPEG  -outsize 25% 25% DSC02699.jpg 02699.jpg     >> does nothing (i view the options of gdal_translate)
What kind of resampling method use gdal_translate?

I 'd like to use gdal_warp simply to rescale an image to 50% 50% ? Can anyone tell me the command line syntax ?

I miss more information, more examples or more tutorials on how to use the command line utilities. Any good link ?
Thanks, Antonio