[gdal-dev] HDF5 product handling

Alex Mantaut alexmantaut at suremptec.com.ar
Mon Jul 4 10:05:00 EDT 2011

Thanks Frank, I will define product-specific methods just to fetch the
metadata in the open method.
I will use the hdf4imagedataset code as a guide on how to process the
metadata.(I didn't realized earlier that hdf4 implements something similar
to what I asked :P)

I still need to solve a few things before posting the patch, I look foward
incorporate the patch into the project.

Regards

2011/7/4 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Alex Mantaut
> <alexmantaut at suremptec.com.ar> wrote:
> > Hi Frank,
> >      In that case all the handling for the CSK product should go on the
> > Open() method from hdf5imagedataset? Is there any way to avoid polluting
> the
> > hdf5imagedataset with all the subproduct's constants?
>
> Generally I would just use the constants inline rather than predefine
> them for this purpose.  If you find the product stuff is getting really
> bulky you could move it into a separate source file, but I'd suggest
> avoiding extra specific classes.
>
> > Shall I define Product
> > specific private methods as: getCSKGeotransform() to get the information?
> > regards
>
> Normally in the open we would do a product-specific method to fetch
> metadata and it would set the metadata data members, geotransform and
> other similar stuff rather than having many product specific methods for
> particular data items.
>
> I can try to review your patch when ready.
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com

     Alex Mantaut
SUR Emprendimientos Tecnológicos

Perú 345  Piso 5to Oficina "B" (C1067AAG)
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel. +54 (11) 4342-2976/84
alexmantaut at suremptec.com.ar
www.suremptec.com