[gdal-dev] CreateCopy() works great on some NITF, not on others

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Jul 14 00:19:42 EDT 2011

Derek,

>> This seems to work good for one NITF, but for another I am getting some problems. It seems like the one with the problems  gets a copy created, but the images themselves are just all black.

This could depend on your viewer, there is one thread about something similar when using ArcGIS as the viewer, http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2010-October/026444.html

The -hist (or -mm or -stats) gdalinfo switches can be helpful to determine what is in your raster.  This also avoids how different viewers may view the file (although how viewers view the file may be your next problem).

gdalinfo -mm (or -stats or -hist)

Bests, Eli