[gdal-dev] S57 missing layers

Gabriel Breahna Gabriel.Breahna at euro.ro
Mon May 2 07:28:55 EDT 2011

Hello,
I have a S75 file, 1R5NK000.000, from this archive ftp://www.risserver.nl/ENC/Rotterdam_Amsterdam.zip.
Using the command:
ogrinfo.exe 1R5NK000.000
I can see 31 layers.
Using OpenCPN or SeeMyEnc I can see more layers in the same file:
m_nsys
wtwaxs
feryrt
comare
dismar
but seems ogrinfo despite of the fact all this layers are present into the s57objectclasses_iw.csv file, is not able to see them.
The problem is the same if I am using gdal 1.6 for Windows or 1.5.2 with Ubuntu.
Seem all this missing layers are included in the last layer "Generic" but I have problems to use this layer with MapServer

For exemple 17004 is distance mark

TYPE POINT
DATA "Generic"
EXPRESSION ('[OBJL]'='17004')

is returning an error at runtime
msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. Invalid index: -1
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 's57'.

Any idea how to solve this issue? To try yo use the Generic layer or to "extract" the missing (ex: dismar) layers?
Best regards,
Gabriel