[gdal-dev] PostgreSQL problems

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Oct 13 20:51:22 EDT 2011

David,

     It probably is a configuration or simple error, however, you've
not given much detail to let other people try to guess what it might
be.  Kyle asked for the output of your command.  Also, the exact
command (copied from terminal) may help too.  I looked at the OGR
PosrgreSQL/PostGIS format page and copied this:

PG:"dbname='databasename' host='addr' port='5432' user='x' password='y'"

Could you try

ogrinfo PG:"dbname='mydb' host='localhost' port='5432' user='x' password='y'"

from the host machine?

What do you get?

PostgreSQL requires very complex quoting if you have any CAPs, do you
have any caps in the db name, table, name, fieldname, etc?  With lack
of information, I'm making random guesses that may not be relevant.
I'm sure that if you provide detailed information, someone
knowledgeable will quickly help you (or at least that is what I often
observe on this list).

Bests, Eli