[gdal-dev] New mloskot-github-gdal-20111018.7z

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 21 02:54:38 EDT 2011

Hi Mateusz, hi Julien,

Il giorno Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:59:27 +0100
Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net> ha scritto:

> 2011/10/20 Julien Malik <julien.malik at c-s.fr>:
> > Sorry I think I was not clear enough : my goal is to generate a
> > patch for inclusion in a gdal-1.8.0 debian package [1]
> > No plan at all for committing it in the gdal svn after that.
> >
> > I would play with my local git repo (letting git do all the hard
> > work, I hope) and in the end just extract a diff file.
>
> Juline,
>
> I believe I've understood your needs.
> You'd like to have Git repo with all GDAL branches.
> I say, I like the idea but I have no time to learn how to create and
> maintain (sync) it using git svn,
> so I can replace the current mirror at GitHub with complete GDAL SVN
> repo mirror including trunk, branches
> and presumably tags.
>
> So, I suggested that if you have resources, you could figure out how
> to do it, then send me receipt and I will use it to regenerate and
> replace current Git repo at GitHub.
> Then I can maintain such fully featured mirror there
>
> Best regards,

It seems that the svn2git [1] tool (based on git-svn) is able to import
svn repositories with branches in a proper way.
I never used it an I don't know if it allows to push changes back to
svn.
Anyway since Julien only needs to generate a patch, svn2git should be
good for its purposes.

[1] https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git

regards

--