[gdal-dev] Thread Safety question

Christiaan Janssen cjanssen at iavo-rs.com
Tue Sep 13 11:12:21 EDT 2011

I know this has probably been asked before in some form or another but I'm
having trouble finding the answer so I'll ask it anyway. Could anyone give
me a status update on the thread safety of the various parts of GDAL, OGR,
and Projection Systems. I'm specifically interested in the projection
functions (ie OCTTransform) that are based on Proj.4. I have a project that
intends to perform a very large number of projections and any means to
improve performance in this area is critical. Any information that you could
provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Christiaan Janssen