[gdal-dev] removing nodata voids from Geotiff

Matt McClelland matt at wildwalks.com
Wed Sep 28 06:31:31 EDT 2011

Hi

I am wanting to fill (interpolate) nodata values in a Geotiff.  (derived
from SRTM data).  They are small holes, usually just one pixel.

I tried variations on this
gdal_grid -a invdist -of GTiff S34E151.tif S34E151_grid.tif

But it did not work, no error message - just returned the help page.

I know this is not the main purpose of gdal_grid, but reading through the
documentation I was hoping it would do the job.
Any ideas on filling these gaps would be greatly appreciated. (pref using
linux)

Thanks

Matt  :)