[gdal-dev] requesting tiles according to my dteds data c++

Saâd HESSANE saad.hessane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:47:59 EDT 2012

DTED files are really simple to undertand. A DTED CD-ROM is organized like
this :

   - *dted (folder)*
      - *D### (folder)*
         - H##.dt# (file)
         - H##.dt# (file)
         - ...*
         *
      - *D### (folder)*
      - *...
      *
   - *gazette (folder)
   *
   - *text (folder)
   *
   - dmed (file)

# : digit
D : The direction of the tiles E for East and W for West
H : The hemispher of the tile : N for North and S for South

A DTED file represent data elevation of a square of 1°x1°. So the folder
"e055" contain dted files that have longitude 55E. If the folder contain
the file "n33.dt0", that mean the file contain data elevations of a 1°x1°
square starting at 55E 33N (ending at 56E 34N).

Note about DTED specification :

   - The DTED specification don't tell if the lettre have to be in capital
   lettre or not. So you can have "n33.dt0" or "N33.dt0". Be careful with that.
   - The specification don't tell to have contigu file or folder. So you
   can have a folder E055 and E060 without the folder between 55 and 60.

I hope I answerd your question.