[gdal-dev] Enabling DAP appears to disable several other formats

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Thu Apr 19 21:48:06 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> The typical reason would be that adding opendap adds stuff into the
> libraries list that results in other "test links" failing.  It would
> be helpful if you could file a bug and attach the config.log.
>
> Best regards,
> Frank

I looked through the config.log a little closer, and in all four cases the
following argument was added to the compiler flags:

    -arch x86_64 i386 ppc

This is bad for two reasons:

  - I'm not trying to build a universal binary and all of my components are
x86_64 only.

  - `-arch x86_64 i386 ppc` isn't even a valid compiler flag. The proper
thing to pass would be `-arch x86_64 -arch i386 -arch ppc`, so the compiler
would error out even if I had the universal binaries to support a 3-way
build.

I've traced the offending flags to `dap-config` so it looks like this is an
OpenDAP bug now, not a GDAL bug.

Apologies for the noise.

-Charlie