[gdal-dev] Building minimalist gdal on Windows x64

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Apr 29 18:04:15 EDT 2012

Le dimanche 29 avril 2012 12:39:20, Saâd HESSANE a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to compile gdal 1.9 with minimalist driver list (I need just
> VRT and GeoTIFF with LZW compression support). I think the only dependance
> in this case is the proj4 library (linked dynamicly).
> There is a simple way to do it like Linux autoconf : --without-gif
> --without-png ... ?

You can hand edit frmts/makefile.vc and remove the formats you don't need in
EXTRAFLAGS. Be warned : there are some hidden dependencies. GDAL's core
depends on the presence of HFA. And VRT depends on the presence of RAW. You
could get rid of those dependencies by editing code though, but that may be a
bit overkill unless you really want the smallest possible lib.