[gdal-dev] VersionInfo BUILD_INFO

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Apr 29 18:33:20 EDT 2012

Folks,

We have a GDALVersionInfo() function which takes an argument about what
type of version information we want to get back.  I have added a new
possible type which is "BUILD_INFO".  The intention is that this would
return build time information that might be useful to scripts or applications
using GDAL to adjust behavior.   I'm imagining this as a NAME=VALUE pair
per line. I have exposed it via the --build commandline switch to GDAL
applications.

eg.
warmerda at gdal65[3]% gdalinfo --build
PAM_ENABLED=YES
OGR_ENABLED=YES

Note that this isn't intended to capture all the formats that are configured.
This is already accessable via --formats.  But it can capture other things.

Feel free to add new items in the function in gdal/gcore/gdal_misc.cpp.