[gdal-dev] 'Polygons as multipolygons' option for OSM driver

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Aug 2 02:16:47 PDT 2012

Hi,

Your plan is very reasonable. It should give correct results in most cases and I think that total solution is not possible before OSM project is able to develop 'the simplest approach that could possibly generate useful polygons' (adapted from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FAQ#Why_aren.27t_you_using_Open_Geospatial_Consortium_.28OGC.29_schemas_and_software_for_OpenStreetMap.3F

-Jukka-