[gdal-dev] RFC 39, layer algebra in trunk

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 02:26:02 PDT 2012

On 08/06/2012 11:27 AM, Ari Jolma wrote:
> I've also started a wiki page for describing the method set in more
> detail http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/LayerAlgebra (linked to page
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CodeSnippets since that seemed to me
> as the best place).

I've finished making a first version of this wiki page and while making
it I found out that the Clip method was not doing at all what it was
supposed to do. I've fixed that. Also, I found out that the Union method
may produce features with empty geometries (#4772). I believe more
testing is needed. Also, I guess the explanations and examples in the
wiki page could be improved (ideas? complaints?).

Regards,

Ari