[gdal-dev] ogr to convert 3D to 2D with height as attribute

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jan 31 08:46:33 EST 2012

Hi,
I've got a few 3D DGN files that wont successfully read into a
proprietary GIS prog, but do read into QGIS (ie: ogr sub-engine)
successfully.
I have tried using ogr to convert the DGN to a DXF file, but that also
fails to import into this GIS package.

I could write something to  pick through the DXF file, but I wouldn't
want to re-invent the wheel.......

The DGN (hence also the qgis DXF) contains 3D lines. All I need is the
line level and colour numbers, and all the vertice XYZ values as line
strings.

TIA,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za