[gdal-dev] Label from OGR Style in a VRT output over a tiff in a geospatial PDF

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jul 9 23:20:47 PDT 2012

Le mardi 10 juillet 2012 01:10:04, Christy Nieman a écrit :
> It seems that there are other features from
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html that don't work (e.g.
> offsetting a label from the label point, using the pre-defined pen
> styles).  Is everything supposedly implemented and the ones I've found
> were accidentally missed?

http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_pdf.html lists the subset of the OGR Feature Style
spec that is currently implemented by the PDF driver.

I believe that you should be able to workaround the lack of support of pre-
defined pens, by defining a pattern ('p' parameter) that should be supported.

> Or is it still a work in progress (i.e should I
> file a bug with the style elements I can't get to work in my PDF tests, or
> wait for awhile)?

I don't actively work on it anymore for now. Contributions under the form of
patches ( hint: edit GDALPDFWriter::WriteOGRFeature() in
frmts/pdf/pdfcreatecopy.cpp ) kindly welcome, or if you can identify a
reasonable extra subset of the OGR FeatureStyle spec that would be interesting
to add, you can create a ticket. At first sight, dx and dy for labels and/or
symbols should be reasonably easy to implement.