[gdal-dev] Convert to temperature in degrees C in MODIS Ocean Color?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:00:50 PDT 2012

I mean it requires the gdal python bindings and python installed.

You don't need python skills - it's a command-line program. Although
you may need to understand the numpy syntax if you have a complex
formula.

In your case it would be something like

gdal_calc.py -A input1.tif --outfile=result.tif --calc="0.000717185 *
A -2 " --type Float32

Etienne