[gdal-dev] Reading NetCDF using VB.NET

Siebe Bosch siebe at hydroconsult.nl
Sat Jun 16 12:03:39 PDT 2012

Thanks Etienne,

You're probably right that I will need the latest GDAL in stead of the
one in FWTools.
Currently however I'm struggling with NMAKE to build the
CSHARP-libraries. It gives me all sorts of error messages.

Anyone up for some guidance on NMAKE via screen sharing in Skype
(username Crusoe73) ?

Or perhaps even better: does anyone already have a set of built DLL's
that I can use straight away in Visual Studio 2008?

By the way: here's what I'll need to do in total:

1. Receive co-ordinates for a rectangle from Google Maps (PHP)
2. Convert them to +proj=stere +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +lat_0=90 +lon_0=0
+lat_ts=60 +a=6378.388 +b=6356.906
3. Extract data for the rectangle from a series of NetCDF files
4. Convert the results to EPSG 28992 projection
5. Export the converted results to a new series of NetCDF files (of
other formats)

Regards,
Siebe