[gdal-dev] Warnings and errors while reading AML to postgis with ogr2ogr

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:30:03 EST 2012

Bas,

While the FWTools package for Windows is easier to install, it is very old.
Use the GDAL binaries from the OSGeo4W installer to rule out any bugs that
are already fixed.

According to your first error report, the s57attributes CSV file has a
missing attribute entry. Check if that csv file has an entry with the first
column
is 20615.

Other than that there is little I can help.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Bas Vermeulen
<bas.vermeulen at forcevision.nl>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm relatively new to GIS and I'm trying to read AML (S-57) data into
> postgis. I'm trying the following:
>
> ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"host=localhost user=postgres dbname=aml
> password=***" -append ***\***.000
> (the ***s are replaced by the real values)
>
> I'm getting warnings like:
>
> Warning 1: Illegal feature attribute id (ATTF:ATTL[2]) of 20615 on
> feature FIDN=2760, FIDS=1.
> Skipping attribute, no more warnings will be issued.
> Warning 1: Attributes INFORM ignored, not in expected schema.
> No more warnings will be issued for this dataset.
>
> The attribute for which the warnings are given vary from file to file.
> Some files also give the following error:
>
> ERROR 1: Invalid index : -1
> (repeated many times)
>
> I'm using FWTools Shell 2.4.7 on Windows and have been able to read
> normal ENCs.
>
> Does the S-57 driver automatically select the AML object classes and
> attributes or should I do something? Any help is appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
> Bas Vermeulen

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584