[gdal-dev] JPEG 2000 layers GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu May 17 14:09:59 EDT 2012

Le jeudi 17 mai 2012 20:04:30, Jayesh Chaudhary a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> I have written a GDAl based reader and I am trying to read JPEG 2000
> images. When I ran gdalinfo on one of the samples images from here:
> http://www.openjpeg.org/index.php?menu=samples, it does not list subdataset
> or overviews ( I was expecting overviews ).

There are no concept of subdataset with JPEG2000 drivers, so this is expected.

As far as overviews, it depends on the particular JPEG2000 driver that you
uses. JP2ECW, JP2MrSID and JP2KAK should expose them. (JP2ECW exposes
arbitrary overviews). But JP2OpenJPEG or JPEG2000 (Jasper based) drivers
aren't sufficiently advanced to expose overviews.