[gdal-dev] Which version number for the next GDAL release : 1.10 or 2.0 ?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 05:24:12 PST 2012

Hi,

I think it should be 1.10, I don't see any major difference with 1.9
and no major api changes. I see it more like an incremental release
than a major milestone.

I recall some time ago a discussion about the unification of ogr and
gdal, and that goal still seems pretty far (unless I missed
something).

How much of the items listed in the following page have been implemented?
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes

Let's say you release 2.0 now, and within 1 year there are significant
API breaks, would that require a new 3.0 version ?

Etienne