[gdal-dev] Which version number for the next GDAL release : 1.10 or 2.0 ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 8 12:14:14 PST 2012

Folks,

While I hate ".10" versions it is clear that I/we aren't yet doing the
2.0 "grand unification" and so I don't feel a 2.0 version is appropriate
given the nature of current work.

I had originally though to just hold off on the release for longer to
allow for 2.0 work to be done, but I haven't even started and it is
November, so I think it is better to realize I'm not up to it for now.

In summary, my position is that we should produce a 1.10 release
circa the end of year.

I appologise to Howard or others who have been tuning configuration logic
for a 2.0 release.