[gdal-dev] GeoPDF Writing support using Create()?

Robert Zermeno refriguy68 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 01:49:05 PST 2012

GDAL Community (Especially Even Rouault),

It has been around 1 1/2 years the last time I had used GDAL and noticed GDAL now has capabilities of generating Geospatial PDF files from existing GDALDataset objects.  How far in the future do you see GDAL having capabilities of using Create() to generate your own Geospaital PDF?

I would like to have the freedom of providing GDAL all the required, and optional, information needed to generate a Geospatial PDF file from a given image buffer my application possesses.  I am not sure if any other GDAL community members concur with my desire.

What would be the effort level to supply Create() for Geospatial PDF files?

Robert