[gdal-dev] Absolutely no progress trying to compile GDAL with Oracle support on Windows

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Nov 27 17:19:22 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM, cheesybiscuits
<thomaschristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jukka - Thanks for the suggestion. I have extracted the contents of
> release-1600-gdal-mapserver.zip ("Compiled binaries in a single .zip
> package" ) which seems to include the Oracle plugin (gdal_GEOR.dll and
> ogr_OCI.dll).

Typically to use any of these distributions, you need to run the .bat file
to establish the proper environment settings.  Did you run SDKShell.bat or
similar in the shell before trying to use it?  Often, that .bat only sets
it for the duration and context of that shell.

> However OCI is still not listed in gdalinfo --formats, and running my
> original ogr2ogr command still fails due to not having the right driver.

You might want to also run gdalinfo --version to see if you are indeed
running what you think you are running instead of some other installation
that may be on your computer.

HTH, Eli