[gdal-dev] NLCD images and north

Jo Meder jomeder at ihug.co.nz
Mon Dec 9 20:03:48 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a land cover raster from NLCD via the USGS National Map. The actual data is rotated something like 15º inside the raster. Using the API where would I start to rotate it to north up? I am presuming that the data isn't north up already, for example the Y axis of the raster doesn't actually represent north relative to the features in the image, but I may be wrong! When I overlay it on imported DEM data it definitely seems to be rotated. The corner coordinates of the data are also rotated.

Sorry for this rather vague question but I'd appreciate any starting points.

Regards,

Jo Meder