[gdal-dev] GDAL RPC protocol to make GDAL (more) failsafe

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Feb 10 03:45:16 PST 2013

Le mercredi 06 février 2013 22:47:33, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Even Rouault
>
> <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> > Chris, GDAL_SUBPROCESS matches indeed the current state of the
> > implementation. However, as I answered to Livneh, it could be moredately
> > easy to extend it to work with a real remote server, so I prefer to keep
> > it generic with GDAL_API_PROXY.

Just to keep you informed that it is also now possible to connect to a
gdalserver in TCP, possibly on a remote host. In that case, gdalserver must be
launched on a host with "gdalserver -tcpserver the_tcp_port". And the client
must set GDAL_API_PROXY_SERVER="hostname:the_tcp_port", where hostname is a
string or a IP address.