[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr convert e00 to shp

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Feb 15 11:33:23 PST 2013

Hi,

I had this problem too if the file "file.shp already exists. GDAL does
not want to overwrite such a file, but create a directory instead.

So bet workflow is to delete the output file, if it exists, and then
carry on with ogr2ogr:

  if exist file.shp del file.shp
  ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shaoefile" file.shp ...

HTH,
André Joost