[gdal-dev] GeomTransform in VRT-file

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Jul 8 09:02:49 PDT 2013

Reading the documentation always helps. The GeomTransform takes the
upper left corner as the origin, not the lower left, as in my math
handbook. And the order of the coefficients is  <c b a f e d> With some
twiddling of angles and signs I now can compute the affine
transformation of a scan based on two control points. That means that
with the vrt-file and its geomtransform it is possible to georeference a
scan in real time without warping, at least for a first order
polynomial. Marvelous!

Thanks for your help.

Jan